1. Be honest about your feelings. If you are feeling hurt or angry, then tell him how you feel. Don't hold back. He may not understand what you're going through right now, but if you don't say anything he might never know.
2. Keep yourself busy. There's nothing wrong with having fun, but always make sure that you keep your mind off your ex. You can go out with friends, do some shopping, watch movies, read books, etc. Anything to distract you from thinking about him!
3. Give yourself time to heal. A break from each other won't help either of you. If you have been together for a while, give yourself time to get over it before trying again.
4. Let go of the past. Don't dwell on things that happened in the past. If you still think about them, you'll just end up hurting yourself even more.
5. Do something nice for yourself. Treat yourself to a massage, buy yourself flowers, take a walk, eat at a restaurant you've wanted to try...whatever makes you happy.
6. Focus on the future. This is the best way to move forward. Think positive thoughts, stay optimistic, and look towards the bright side of life.